Summary of Potential Investments
To support the growing tourism industry and provide better customer services within the parks, UWA has identified opportunities for investment in services, products and infrastructure and accommodation facilities.
There are opportunities for development of new ecotourism products and services, within and outside the national parks, by the private sector or through public-private partnerships. These include:
- Luxury tented camps and cottages
- House Boats, Cruise Launches on the Nile and Sport fishing on the Lakes Victoria, Albert, Edward and George
- Walking Safaris in the wilderness areas and the volcanic craters
- Canopy Walkways in tropical forests and sky trams
- House boats and other water based activities
- Mountaineering packages for Rwenzori, Elgon and Mgahinga Mountains
- Nature walks, game farming, game ranching and sport hunting on private property (private wildlife reserves)
- Internal air transport services to the national parks and other domestic touristic hubs.
- White water rafting on the Nile
- Stop over facilities en-route to the national parks along major tourism circuits e.g. Kampala - Mbarara - Kasese - Mubende – Kampala; Kampala – Masindi – Gulu - Kitgum
- Hot springs baths and supporting facilities
- Development of Lodges and other types of accommodation to suit the various categories of visitors
Download the Uganda Wildlife Investment Portfolio booklet here
Please contact us for more information.